In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Board" means the state board of dispensing opticians.
2. "Direct supervision" means the provision of direction and control through inspection and evaluation of work by consultation or instruction as needed, provided that at least one licensed dispensing optician works at each optical establishment on a full-time basis.
3. "Dispensing optician" means any person, except as provided in section 32-1691, who dispenses lenses, contact lenses, frames, artificial eyes, optical devices, appurtenances thereto or parts thereof to the intended wearer on written prescription from a duly licensed physician or optometrist, and in accordance with such prescription interprets, measures, adapts, fits or adjusts the same for the aid or correction of visual or ocular anomalies of the human eye or who duplicates, replaces, reproduces or repeats the same without prescription when there is no change in refractive value, provided that contact lenses shall never be dispensed without a written contact lense prescription being on file in any optical establishment, office of an optometrist or office of a physician or verbal confirmation of that written prescription. The dispensing optician shall advise the intended wearer at the time that contact lenses are delivered to return to the prescribing physician or optometrist for evaluation and follow-up care.
4. "Optical establishment" means a physical location in which lenses, contact lenses, frames, artificial eyes, optical devices, appurtenances thereto or parts thereof are dispensed to the intended wearer on written prescription from a physician licensed pursuant to chapter 13 or 17 of this title or an optometrist licensed pursuant to chapter 16 of this title.
5. "Person" means a natural person.